Apr 13, 2021
PHYS 202 - Electricity and Magnetism5 Credits
The study of electricity and magnetism. A calculus-based approach for students of science and engineering. Includes one credit of laboratory.
Pre-requisite(s) MATH& 152 and PHYS 201
Designed to Serve Mostly for science and engineering students planning to take a year-long physics sequence.
Active Date 2015-05-22
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 24
Contact Hours: Lecture 44 Lab 22 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 66
Degree Distributions: AA Science, Science Lab
1. Charge and electric field. 2. Magnetic field and Ampere’s law. 3. Basic circuits. 4. Magnetic induction and Faraday’s law. 5. AC circuits, if time permits
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Understanding of course-specific content.
2. Ability to manipulate data and equations.
3. Ability to generate lab reports.
4. Ability to work in groups.
5. Ability to communicate scientific ideas.
6. Optionally, ability to perform research (library, internet).
7. Optionally, ability to use software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)