Nov 17, 2019
ABE 024 - ABE HS Contemporary World Issues 5 Credits
Introduction to history and the role of the historian. Basic elements of contemporary world issues. Discussions on current events, government and geography of the world. This course fulfills the social studies contemporary world issues credit for a high school diploma.
Instructor Permission Required Yes
Designed to Serve High School Completion candidates who are under prepared for college level social science classes.
Active Date 2014-09-03
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 35
Contact Hours: Lecture 55 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 55
1. Introduction to Contemporary World Issues; impact of past events; role of the historian.
2. People, geography, cultures.
3. National and international issues.
4. National and international economic factors.
5. The world today; progressive events the world.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Learn to read social science textbooks and content with comprehension and accuracy.
2. Learn how societies have developed into different political and social systems.
3. Connect world issues to individual lives and knowledge of past events.
4. Analyze current events in a social, political, cultural, and historical context.
5. Develop college readiness skills such as textbook reading strategies, note taking, peer collaboration, and communication.
[Add to Portfolio]