Feb 24, 2020
ABE 030 - ABE 030 High School General Science 5 Credits
General introduction to the basic principles of six individual sciences - astronomy, biology, chemistry, earth science, physics and physiology - at the high school competency level. This course fulfills the 1 credit general science requirement for a high school diploma.
Instructor Permission Required Yes
Designed to Serve High School Completion students.
Active Date 2014-09-02
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 35
Contact Hours: Lecture 55 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 55
1. Introduction to Science
4. Earth Science
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate an understanding of general science, the scientific method; and system of measurement.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of general principles of physics as well as specialized vocabulary.
3. Show increased knowledge of basics of chemistry.
4. Better understand three main parts of planet - land, sea, and air.
5. Read and comprehend articles on the universe.
6. Understand biologist point of view regarding world of living things.
7. Demonstrate greater understanding of the human use of scientific knowledge.
8. Develop college readiness skills such as textbook reading strategies, note taking, peer collaboration, and communication.
Add to Portfolio