Feb 23, 2020
ACHV 010 - ACHIEVE Career Inventory 5 Credits
This course enables students to use their previous experiences, skills, interests, and assessments to guide career development. Students set short and long term employment goals, practice interviewing, and development employment related materials such as resume, cover letter, and diversity statement.
Designed to Serve Students with low basic skills that impede access to vocational, educational and social advancement.
Active Date 2014-07-03
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 30
Contact Hours: Lecture 55 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 55
II. Work history, interests, skills, values, and work disposition
III. Career interest assessment and occupational research
IV. Resume, cover letter, and diversity statement
V. Informational interviewing
Vi. Mock interviewing
Student Learning Outcomes
1. To identify interest patterns, abilities, skills, and work related values.
2. To accurately research current information and data on possible careers resulting in a tentative career choice or list of related occupations.
3. To identify individual skills and interests and select a tentative short and long term employment goal.
4. To practice, demonstrate, and evaluate your own interview skills.
5. Develop career search materials including a resume, cover letter, and diversity statement.
Add to Portfolio