Aug 08, 2020
CARER 101 - Individualized Career Exploration 1 Credits
Individualized instruction designed to explore values, interests and skills as well as discover career planning resources and possible career options.
Instructor Permission Required Yes
Designed to Serve All students desiring to identify a career path or college major.
Active Date 2011-06-13
Grading System Credit/Non-Credit
Continuous Enrollment Yes
Class Limit 8
Contact Hours: Lecture 0 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 15
Total Contact Hours 15
Assessment: MBTI, Strong Interest Inventory,WOIS, Career Assessment Inventory; Informational Interview; Write a Resume; Develop a list of Career Goals; Prepare an Academic Plan; Career and Life Planning Summary Sheet.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. To identify values, interests and skills.
2. To increase self-awareness of career strengths and possibilities.
3. To increase knowledge of the world of work.
4. To utilize career planning resources.
5. To write a career and educational plan.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)