Aug 08, 2020
CARER 295 - Special Topics 1 Credits
Student-instructor designed contract for special studies of topic related to career exploration and development.
Instructor Permission Required Yes
Designed to Serve Women students entering the college through the Work-First program.
Active Date 2011-07-25
Grading System Decimal Grade
Variable Credit Yes Range 1-5
Continuous Enrollment Yes
Class Limit 39
Contact Hours: Lecture 0 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 275
Total Contact Hours 275
See topics below:
Student Learning Outcomes
1. To identify talents, abilities and functional transferable skills.
2. To explore work related values.
3. To assess interest patterns.
4. To gather current information and data of careers.
5. To explore job search skills.
6. To develop a career ladder and accomplish next step planning.
7. To write a resume.
8. To participate in a mock-interview.
9. To review basic skills.
10. To develop and update technology skills.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)