Dec 08, 2019
CJ& 106 - Juvenile Justice 5 Credits
Washington State juvenile laws; juvenile court rules; investigative and interviewing guidelines; causation, treatment, control and prevention with regard to juvenile crime; agency services.
Course Note Previously ADM J 104.
Designed to Serve All persons interested in the justice system and administration of justice majors.
Active Date 2011-07-21
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 38
Contact Hours: Lecture 55 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 55
Degree Distributions: AA Transferable Elective
1. The dependency system
2. Case law/statutes affecting dependency systems
3. The delinquency system
4. Case law/statues affecting the delinquent system
5. Personal interview with system participant
6. Court visit for panel discussion
7. Assessment of theories of the juvenile system
Student Learning Outcomes
Understand the critical stages of the juvenile justice process.
Distinguish dependency from delinquency.
Explain the differences between the adult and juvenile justice systems.
[Add to Portfolio]