May 25, 2019
ABE 053 - ABE Parent-Family Education 3 Credits
Designed for parents of young children. Participation in parent education classes through a planned combination of methods in variable credit.
Instructor Permission Required Yes
Designed to Serve Parents and family members, community members.
Active Date 2011-07-06
Grading System Credit/Non-Credit
Variable Credit Yes Range 1-3
Continuous Enrollment Yes
Class Limit 35
Contact Hours: Lecture 22 Lab 22 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 44
1. Orientation to parent education in child care setting.
2. Methods of child guidance.
3. Self-esteem in parents and child/principles of growth and development in young children.
4. Topics of special interest and concern to class members.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate the significance of parent involvement.
2. Recognize a parent’s role in providing for the physical needs of the family.
3. Recognize and discuss the role of parenting in an ever changing and diverse world.
4. State appropriate expectations for children at various age levels.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of age-appropriate activities through interaction with young children.
6. Practice and assess various methods in child guidance.
[Add to Portfolio]