Dec 04, 2020
BSTEC 110 - Keyboarding & Document Processing 5 Credits
Mastery of the keyboard and speed and accuracy development. Students will use their word processing skills to format business documents.
Pre-requisite(s) ENGL 081 min 2.0
Placement Eligibility English 091/Reading 091 or higher
Designed to Serve Students who desire to develop proper keyboarding and word processing skills necessary for employment in an office environment.
Active Date 2015-01-27
Grading System Decimal Grade
Variable Credit Yes Range 1-5
Continuous Enrollment Yes
Class Limit 30
Contact Hours: Lecture 55 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 55
- Introduction to keyboarding.
- Fundamentals of ergonomics and proper keyboarding technique.
- Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy.
- Perform various 1-, 3- and 5-minute timed writings to increase speed and accuracy.
- Create business documents including personal and business letters, tables, e-mails, memos, reports, and employment documents.
Student Learning Outcomes
Demonstrate proficiency in using correct fingering on letters and numbers while keyboarding by touch.
Demonstrate proper ergonomics and keyboarding technique while keyboarding by touch.
Develop and demonstrate keyboarding speed and accuracy.
Create business documents while using basic word processing skills.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)