Aug 08, 2020
BSTEC 140 - Internship 5 Credits
The Internship provides an opportunity for students to combine classroom theory with practical work experience. Experience gained in the workplace is related to the student’s field of study or career goals.
Pre-requisite(s) BSTEC 139 and concurrent enrollment in BSTEC 141.
Designed to Serve Students in Business Technology programs or related fields.
Active Date 2015-04-07
Grading System Decimal Grade
Variable Credit Yes Range 1-5
Continuous Enrollment Yes
Class Limit 99
Contact Hours: Lecture 0 Lab 0 Worksite 150 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 150
1. Practical experience working in a business office doing administrative assistant, bookkeeping or office management duties under supervision.
2. Networking for professional growth.
3. Career development or exploration through work experience.
4. Successful work habits and attitude.
5. Interpersonal communication skills.
Student Learning Outcomes
Perform assigned duties to meet or exceed internship objectives that are documented and agreed upon by the internship supervisor, faculty supervisor, and student intern.
Practice using business technology skills in the workplace.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)