Apr 05, 2020
CIS 162 - Mobile Device Repair & OS 5 Credits
An entry level class in terminology, concepts and repair of various mobile devices. Students gain basic skills in the installation and repair of mobile devices through hands-on experience.
Pre-requisite(s) C SCI 100 min 2.0
Designed to Serve Students pursuing the Mobile Technology Expert major. Industry members retraining or cross training in this field.
Active Date 2015-06-08
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 24
Contact Hours: Lecture 44 Lab 22 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 66
1. Mobile Device concepts
2. Device features & physical structure
3. Introduction and researching hardware/replacement parts.
4. Key Device components, assembly/disassembly of devices.
- Screen,mic, speaker, accelerometer, switches, speaker.
5. Device diagnostics
6. Software upgrades, OS installation & structure
7. Data backup and restore
8. Unlocking devices
Student Learning Outcomes
List and identify mobile device components
Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware issues
Restore, Install OS
Dissemble and assemble devices back to working order
Research and document device hardware
Add to Portfolio