Sep 18, 2019
CIS 211 - Advanced 3D Graphics & Animation 5 Credits
Students learn more advanced concepts of 3D modeling and animation techniques with an emphasis on key-framing within the animation timelines. Advanced lighting techniques and developing custom materials. Students test their knowledge by creating a custom animation with completed storyboard.
Pre-requisite(s) CIS 111 min 2.0
Designed to Serve Students wishing to pursue the 3D Modeling & Animation short certificate, also others who wish to learn 3D imaging and animation technologies.
Active Date 20170622T08:37:47
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 24
Contact Hours: Lecture 55 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 55
PLA Eligible Yes
1. Understand custom model making and terms.
2. Advanced work with creating custom, skies, water, clouds and terrains.
3. Object animation and correct application of the object’s material.
4. Object linking and hierarchy structure.
5. Advanced lighting techniques.
6. Animating the camera and using motion paths.
7. Key-framing and advanced understanding of the different timelines.
8. Create and develop a 3D animation with custom-made models, textures, environments / lighting. Rendered animation with completed storyboard for final.
Student Learning Outcomes
Design and create custom 3D models.
Define various material types with correct implementation for animation.
Implement advanced lighting techniques.
Navigate and implement timeline.
Utilize project planning and development through storyboarding.
Utilize best practices for output methods.
[Add to Portfolio]