May 25, 2020
ART 110 - Drawing I: Beginning Drawing 5 Credits
Introduction to materials and techniques as applied to drawing from still-life objects and the study of the compositional elements and principles of art as they apply to a variety of drawing media.
Designed to Serve All students
Active Date 2011-07-25
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 25
Shared Learning Environment Yes
Contact Hours: Lecture 33 Lab 44 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 77
- Humanities Area II
1. Line/study of contour and spatial description.
3. Perspective and measurement.
4. Inherent structure of objects and the study of form and space.
5. Light and shade and other value in light exploration.
6. Scale manipulation.
7. Composition involving multiple objects and their inter-relationships.
8. Exploration of non-objective compositional ideas.
Student Learning Outcomes
Demonstrate understanding of proper proportion and scale relationships as taken from still-life objects.
Depict objects in space.
Define spatial relationships through light and shade.
Demonstrate basic understanding of lineal perspective.
Analyze structure of given objects.
Demonstrate understanding of the basic elements and principles of composition.
Add to Portfolio