Mar 29, 2020
ART 112 - FIGURE DRAWING I 5 Credits
Draw from the posed model using line relationships of figure to environment and fundamentals of composition.
Designed to Serve All students.
Active Date 2015-04-17
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 25
Contact Hours: Lecture 33 Lab 44 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 77
- Humanities Area II
1. The human figure as mobile form Gesture drawing.
2. Representation of the human form through line: sustained poses.
3. Proportion of foreshortening â�� seeing relationship of parts to the whole.
4. Depiction of the human form through the use of value.
5. Relationship of human figure to environment.
6. Value structure in drawing: a. Compositional use of value
b. Spatial relationship through the use of value
c. Figure/ground relationships.
7. Process exploration: a. Dry vs. wet media
b. Collage using source drawings.
8. Weekly homework assignments as related to concepts presented in class.
Student Learning Outcomes
Make basic renderings from the posed figure.
Demonstrate basic understanding of human anatomy as it applies to drawing the figure.
Demonstrate basic understanding of anatomical forms
Combine figure with an environment (composition) at beginning level
Add to Portfolio