Apr 13, 2021
- Apply knowledge of medical terminology.
- Accurately transcribe medical documents.
- Create documents using appropriate computer technology and skills.
- Apply medico-legal knowledge to identify and respond to issues of confidentiality.
- Document within legal and ethical boundaries.
- Model professional conduct in specific, multicultural, workplace settings.
- Basic keyboarding knowledge recommended.
- Minimum COMPASS reading score of 80 and writing score of 65.
- Instructor permission.
- Some classes have entry requirements not listed here.
- This information does not substitute for meeting with a faculty adviser.
- Students must achieve a minimum 2.0 in each core course.
- Certificate programs emphasize preparation in specific job skills required for entry-level employment.
- Not all classes are offered every quarter or at night.
- Students attending only in the evening must remember it is likely to take longer than one year to complete program.
- This program offers self-paced modules, flexible registration and open-entry enrollment.
Professional-Technical Core Courses
- MED A 110 - Health Care Careers (3)
- MED A 113 - Terminology, Anatomy, Physiology 1 (2)
- MED A 125 - Digestive Terminology, Anatomy, Pharmacology (1)
- MED A 133 - Genito Terminology, Anatomy, Pharma
- MED A 139 - Pre-cooperative Work Experience Seminar (1)
- MED A 143 - Female Terminology, Anatomy, Pharma
- MED A 201 - Cardiovascular System Terminology,
- MED A 209 - Respiratory System Terminology, Ana
- MED A 230 - Introduction to Medical Transcription (2)
- MED A 233 - Musculoskeletal System Terminology,
- MED A 240 - Externship (nonpaid) (5)
- MED A 241 - Medical Assistant Cooperative Seminar (2)
- MED A 254 - Medical Transcription II (2)
- MED A 274 - Medical Transcription III (1)
- MED A 274 - Medical Transcription IV (1)
Total Supporting Course Credits: 8
Related Instruction Courses
Total Related Instruction Credits: 15
Total Program Credits: 48