Mar 23, 2018
After successful completion of the AAS degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate competence in the areas required for caregiving, healthcare interpreting, care navigation or global and public health issues according to the area of emphasis
- Identify and practice all legal and ethical requirements and specific agency policies and practices.
- Apply knowledge of appropriate care for vulnerable populations including general knowledge of fitness, nutrition, social and emotional development, health and medical support, etc.
- Practice culturally responsive approaches, caregiving and support for a diverse client base.
- Use technology as appropriate to their employment for record keeping, communication and as a tool for access for clients.
- Practice effective oral and written communication skills, including listening and accurate documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with agencies and the communities the agencies support through networking, partnerships and resource development.
- Basic keyboarding knowledge recommended
- English 101 eligible
- Some classes have entry requirements not listed here. Talk to a faculty advisor.
- Some classes require instructor permission.
This information does not substitute for meeting with a faculty adviser.
- Students must achieve a cumulative 2.0 GPA to attain an AAS degree.
- Certificate and AAS degree programs emphasize preparation in specific job skills required for entry-level employment.
- Students not attending full time must remember it is likely to take more than two years to complete program.
- Students may enroll in any quarter.
- Medical and human services agencies will require you to complete a criminal background check prior to being offered an internship or employment.
- Coursework is highly interactive and includes field-based internships.
Professional-Technical Core Courses
Total Professional-Technical Courses: 47 credits
Total Supporting Course Credits: 23
Related Instruction Courses
Total Related Instruction Credits: 20
Total Program Credits: 90