Apr 16, 2021
The study of Accounting affords students the opportunity to apply real life applications. Certified Public Accountants manage the finance of business big and small, make a competitive wage salary and are always in need. During times of high unemployment, accounting jobs are always readily available.
- Analyze simple business transactions then record and communicate business information using accepted business accounting policies and procedures, computer systems and computer software as appropriate.
- Accurately and timely complete assigned projects using appropriate policies, guidance, ethical standards and management directions, including using computer systems and software.
- Coordinate activities with team members, including lead accountant or supervisor, while working on projects.
- Use an understanding of basic business principles and organizational priorities to make decisions about work being performed.
- Maintain and protect basic information systems and accounting records.
- Interpret and use oral instructions to complete assigned tasks; speak clearly and produce written documents that meet standards of accuracy when dealing with the organizations’ stakeholders.
Some or all of the following are required. Check with a faculty adviser.
- Keyboarding and 10-key numeric pad skills.
- Consultation with an accounting faculty member.
- Accounting degree and certificates are not intended for business majors planning to transfer to a four-year program.
- This information does not substitute for meeting with a faculty adviser.
- Students must achieve a cumulative 2.0 GPA to attain an AAS degree.
- Certificate and AAS degree programs emphasize preparation in specific job skills required for entry-level employment.
- Not all classes are offered every quarter or at night.
Professional-Technical Core Courses
Where applicable, take ACCTG 121 , BTECH 104 and BUSN 216 before other PT courses.
Total Supporting Course Credits: 12
Related Instruction Courses
Total Related Instruction Credits: 20
Total Program Credits: 47