Apr 13, 2021
This degree will integrate the threads of design philosophy, design technique and equitable design for a global community. The bachelor’s degree provides the foundation for students to integrate their design skills and apply their AAS degree toward a deeper level of design expertise with opportunities to collaborate and present ideas using a higher level of creative thinking.
Upon completion of the BAS in Integrated Design, students will be able to:
- Articulate, research and conceptualize multiple solutions to any design problem.
- Communicate design intent, clearly and competently, in their work, their speech and their writing.
- Convert abstract design requirements into original and creative design work.
- Integrate the use of technology seamlessly into the design process.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, group and collaborative skills to work across disciplines in successfully implementing a design.
To qualify for admission to Highline’s BAS Integrated Design Program, eligible applicants must have:
- Completed or within 30 credits of completion of a regionally accredited AAS degree (or its equivalent), in one of the following Drafting Design, Interior Design, Multimedia Design, Visual Communications, Web Design, Mobile Technology Expert, Online Marketing & Social Media Architector related fields. Other associate degrees will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Official transcripts form an accredited college or university.
- Accumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
To be considered for the bachelor of applied science program prospective students must submit the following:
- Complete Highline bachelor application form
- Students who have completed related Associates degree or within thirty credits of completion of Associates degree. Other associate degrees will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Nonrefundable application fee.
- Official Transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Portfolio of work. See website for requirements.
Please contact Faculty Advisor or Program Manager for most updated information
Students must have a total of 60 credits of general education to be awarded the BAS degree
Prerequisites if not part of your Associates Degree
- Art 101 Two Dimensional Design
- VICOM 105 Intro to Design Graphics or VICOM 165 InDesign Layout
- VICOM 236 Portfolio
- 5 credits in any of the following: DRAFT, INT D, MMD and VICOM (Drafting Design, Interior Design, Multimedia Design, and Visual Communications).
General Education Requirements (60 credits)
Quantitative Skill Requirements
Social Science Requirements
Natural Science Requirements
- 5 credits of natural science
Additional General Education
Additional Program Specific Classes (60 credits)
Associate Degree/Related Credits (60 credits)
Applicable credits from an associate degree issued by a regionally accredited institution.