Jan 17, 2022
ABE 021 - ABE High School U. S. History5 Credits
The development of the American peoples: history to 1900. Covers the role of the federal government and minority groups in America’s development, the U.S. role in world events, development of the U.S. political system and economic changes. Goal is to provide a view of American history to satisfy high school history requirement. This course fulfills the 1 credit requirement for a high school diploma.
Instructor Permission Required Yes
Designed to Serve Students who need US history requirement for high school completion or students who need to build vocabulary and comprehension skills in social science content area.
Active Date 2014-09-03
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 35
Contact Hours: Lecture 55 Lab 0 Worksite 0 Clinical 0 Other 0
Total Contact Hours 55
1. Development of the American peoples.
2. History to 1900 and since 1900.
3. Role of federal government.
4. Minority groups in America’s development.
5. The U.S. role in world events.
6. Development of the U.S. political system.
7. Economic changes.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Read social science textbooks and content comprehension and accuracy.
2. Learn how societies have developed into different political and social systems.
3. How they (the students) in their own lives, can make wiser decisions based on knowledge of past events.
4. Develop college readiness skills such as textbook reading strategies, note taking, peer collaboration, and communication.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)