Sep 23, 2021
- Employ critical decision making to prioritize and appropriately attend to client specific needs using data collection and analysis, problem identification, care planning, care delivery and evaluation of care.
- Provide accurate verbal and written communications using appropriate technology, while adapting to consider the needs of culturally and educationally diverse clientele and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Demonstrate proficiency in psychomotor skills, computation, therapeutic communication, client education and use of technology in provision of nursing care.
- Function as an effective member of the health care team, practicing collaborative leadership, delegation and client advocacy to provide goal-oriented care.
- Perform optimally in the dynamic health care system by incorporating evidence based practice and continuing education in client care.
- Adhere to scope of professional practice and contribute to the profession through participation in professional organizations and sociopolitical awareness.
- This information does not substitute for meeting with a faculty adviser.
- Minimum grade per prerequisite class is 3.0.
- Math 146 Statistic minimum grade of 2.5
- Students may repeat prerequisite classes only once.
- Prerequisites marked with asterisk cannot be older than 7 years include: BIOL& 241, BIOL& 242, BIOL & 260, PSYC& 200
- All prerequisites must be completed before applying
- The minimum TEASTM score is 75.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in Washington state.
- 20 students will be selected fall, winter, and spring quarter. Alternates will be chosen as well.
- AAS degree programs emphasize preparation in specific job skills required for entry-level employment.
- This program is currently offered on a full-time basis only.
- Taking courses outside of nursing while in the program is extremely challenging due to heavy load and irregular schedule.
- Effective Fall Quarter 2011, our clinical institutions require certified NATIONAL background checksin addition to those performed by the Washington State Patrol. You can order your background check from this website: www.certifiedbackground.com.
- This program has special admissions procedures. For information, visit http://rn.highline.edu or contact email@example.com.
- Courses marked with an asterisk must be completed as a prerequisite(*)
Professional-Technical Core Courses
Total Supporting Course Credits: 22
Related Instruction Courses
Total Related Instruction Credits: 15
Total Program Credits: 109