• Develop and implement solutions to visual communication problems.
• Interpret and use market research information to draw reasonable conclusions.
• Articulate design concepts in a professional manner and connect to the intended audience using visual, oral and written presentation skills unique the field of visual communications. Identify and use technology consistent with the graphics industry standard.
• Demonstrate proficiency in technology consistent with the graphics industry standards. Demonstrate the ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
• Identify and determine how differences in audiences and cultures affect the nature of the visual product.
• Upon completion of the program students will have a portfolio that reflects a balance of presentation work that includes both print and web design.
• Student will demonstrate the use of formal design principles such as balance, visual hierarchy, rhythm and unity and include effective use of contrast, color and typography.