Mar 24, 2023
This degree will integrate the threads of design philosophy, design technique and equitable design for a global community. The bachelor’s degree provides the foundation for students to integrate their design skills and apply their AAS degree toward a deeper level of design expertise with opportunities to collaborate and present ideas using a higher level of creative thinking.
Upon completion of the BAS in Integrated Design, students will be able to:
- Articulate, research and conceptualize multiple solutions to any design problem.
- Communicate design intent, clearly and competently, in their work, their speech and their writing.
- Convert abstract design requirements into original and creative design work.
- Integrate the use of technology seamlessly into the design process.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, group and collaborative skills to work across disciplines in successfully implementing a design.
To qualify for admission to Highline’s BAS Integrated Design Program, eligible applicants must have:
- Completed or within 30 credits of completion of a regionally accredited AAS degree (or its equivalent), in one of the following Drafting Design, Interior Design, Multimedia Design, Visual Communications, Web Design, Mobile Technology Expert, Online Marketing & Social Media Architector related fields. Other associate degrees will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Official transcripts form an accredited college or university.
- Accumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
To be considered for the bachelor of applied science program prospective students must submit the following:
- Complete Highline bachelor application form
- Students who have completed related Associates degree or within thirty credits of completion of Associates degree. Other associate degrees will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Nonrefundable application fee.
- Official Transcripts from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Portfolio of work. See website for requirements.
Please contact Faculty Advisor or Program Manager for most updated information
Students must have a total of 60 credits of general education to be awarded the BAS degree
Prerequisites if not part of your Associates Degree
- Art 101 Two Dimensional Design
- VICOM 105 Intro to Design Graphics or VICOM 165 InDesign Layout
- 5 credits in any of the following: DRAFT, INT D, MMD and VICOM (Drafting Design, Interior Design, Multimedia Design, and Visual Communications).
General Education Requirements (60 credits)
Quantitative Skill Requirements
Social Science Requirements
10 credits of any courses that meets the Social Science Distribution
Natural Science Requirements
- 5 credits of natural science lab
- 5 credits of any science
Additional General Education
15 credits of any transfer elective classes
Additional Program Specific Classes (60 credits)
Associate Degree/Related Credits (60 credits)
Applicable credits from an associate degree issued by a regionally accredited institution.