Jul 05, 2022
ART 110 - Drawing I: Beginning Drawing5 Credits
Introduction to materials and techniques as applied to drawing from still-life objects and the study of the compositional elements and principles of art as they apply to a variety of drawing media.
Quarters Typically Offered
Summer Day, Evening
Designed to Serve All students
Active Date 20220330T15:32:28
Grading Basis Decimal Grade
Class Limit 24
Shared Learning Environment Yes
Contact Hours: Lecture 55
Total Contact Hours 55
- Humanities Area II
- Line/study of contour and spatial description.
- Perspective and measurement.
- Inherent structure of objects and the study of form and space.
- Light and shade and other value in light exploration.
- Scale manipulation.
- Composition involving multiple objects and their inter-relationships.
- Exploration of non-objective compositional ideas.
Student Learning Outcomes
Produce individual artworks that demonstrate proper proportion and scale in relationship as taken from still-life objects.
Produce individual artworks that demonstrate a depiction of objects in space.
Define spatial relationships through light and shade.
Produce individual artworks that demonstrate lineal perspective.
Analyze structure of given objects.
Produce individual artworks that demonstrate basic elements and principles of composition.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)