Aug 17, 2022
ART 112 - Figure Drawing5 Credits
Draw from the posed model using line relationships of figure to environment and fundamentals of composition.
Quarters Typically Offered
Designed to Serve All students.
Active Date 20220314T08:29:19
Grading Basis Decimal Grade
Class Limit 24
Contact Hours: Lecture 55
Total Contact Hours 55
- Humanities Area II
- The human figure as mobile form Gesture drawing.
- Representation of the human form through line: sustained poses.
- Proportion of foreshortening and seeing relationship of parts to the whole.
- Depiction of the human form through the use of value.
- Relationship of human figure to environment.
- Value structure in drawing:
- Compositional use of value
- Spatial relationship through the use of value
- Figure/ground relationships
- Process exploration:
- Dry vs. wet media
- Collage using source drawings
- Weekly homework assignments as related to concepts presented in class.
Student Learning Outcomes
Create basic renderings from the posed figure.
Demonstrate basic human anatomy as it applies to drawing the figure.
Demonstrate basic anatomical forms in a figure drawing.
Combine figure with an environment (composition) at beginning level
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)