Feb 05, 2023
- Employ critical decision making to prioritize and appropriately attend to client specific needs using data collection and analysis, problem identification, care planning, care delivery and evaluation of care.
- Provide accurate verbal and written communications using appropriate technology, while adapting to consider the needs of culturally and educationally diverse clientele and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Demonstrate proficiency in psychomotor skills, computation, therapeutic communication, client education and use of technology in provision of nursing care.
- Function as an effective member of the health care team, practicing collaborative leadership, delegation and client advocacy to provide goal-oriented care.
- Perform optimally in the dynamic health care system by incorporating evidence based on practice and continuing education in client care.
- Adhere to scope of professional practice and contribute to the profession through participation in professional organizations and sociopolitical awareness.
- This information does not substitute for meeting with a faculty adviser.
- Minimum grade per prerequisite class is 3.0
- The minimum Version 6 TEAS score must be 75 over all and 70 in each of the subcategories (Math, Science, English and Reading).
- Students may attempt each pre-requisite up to three times only.
- All prerequisites must be completed before applying
- The minimum Version 6 TEASTM score is 75.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in Washington state.
- 8-10 students will be selected fall, winter and spring quarter. Alternates will be chosen as well.
- AAS degree programs emphasize preparation in specific job skills required for entry-level employment.
- This program is currently offered on a full-time and face-to-face basis only.
- Taking courses outside of nursing while in the program is extremely challenging due to heavy load and irregular schedule.
- Our clinical institutions require NATIONAL background checks in addition to those performed by the Washington State Patrol.
Professional-Technical Core Courses
Total Supporting Course Credits: 35
Related Instruction Courses
Total Related Instruction Credits: 20
Total Program Credits: 91 credits