Mar 24, 2023
C J 222 - Terrorism Today 5 Credits
Terrorism Today Examines the history and status of terrorism around the world. Emphasis on a global perspective, it addressing different regions of the world and the terrorist groups in each region. Examination of terrorist events and groups, analyzes responses to terrorism and the resulting changes in terrorist strategies, and steps through each continent mapping out current and future trends. Students will also gain an understanding to historical background of terrorism that enables understanding to predictions about terrorism in the twenty-first century.
Quarters Typically Offered
Designed to Serve All persons interested in the justice system or a career in local, state, and federal criminal justice.
Active Date 20180910T09:10:19
Grading System Decimal Grade
Class Limit 30
Contact Hours: Lecture 55
PLA Eligible Yes
- THE DEFINITIONS AND HISTORY OF TERRORISM
- Definition for Terrorism
- Brief History of Terrorism
- GLOBAL TERRORISM GEOGRAPHICALLY
- The United States of America
- Canada and the Caribbean
- Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe and the Balkans
- North Africa and the Middle East
- Persian Gulf
- Northeast, Central, and Southern Africa
- Southern and Southeast Asia
- Pacific Rim
- Latin America and South America
- THE WAR ON TERROR
- Countering Terrorism
- The future and whats next on the terrorism radar?
Student Learning Outcomes
Analyize and classify specific methods and / or techniques terrorist use to disrupt society and social function.
Articulate in both written and presentation format how a group is classified as a terrorists, drawing on the history and foundation of terrorism.
Accurately classify terrorism nationally and internationally.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)